COBCOE – the Council of British Chambers of Commerce in Europe (COBCOE) – Communications Manager
COBCOE is the umbrella organisation for over 40 British chambers of commerce and business organisations in and around Europe. I became Communications Manager January 2015 after helping the organisation produce a biannual magazine, Links (see below). COBCOE is now at an exciting juncture, setting up new projects and partnerships. Working closely with the Chief Executive, I am planning, managing, executing and measuring communications using:
Publications – Links magazine (final issue)
Strange digital marketing – online copywriting
I have worked with Strange for eight years. The most recent projects have been ecommerce sites, CRM, inspirational articles and an app.
British Romanian Chamber of Commerce (BRCC) – editing, copywriting and marketing
I began working with the BRCC in 2010, initially producing their quarterly newsletter, then print ads and information pack. In early 2014, I initiated a new marketing approach for the chamber. This followed an agreement with UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) for the BRCC to take on UKTI’s role in supporting British businesses in Romania.
After producing a marketing review with ideas on future BRCC marketing, I completed the following projects:
- Develop a new logo for the BRCC (designed by Strange) – manage the process and provide guidelines for use
- Produce BRCC handouts for UK seminar presentations using desktop publishing, along with branded pads and pens
- Create a BRCC brochure for UK businesses, making a case for doing business in Romania and using BRCC services
- Update the website to reflect the BRCC’s new status and priorities with minimal expense
- Write a report on the use of the BRCC website using Google Analytics
- Organise banners, promotional gifts and an online press release for the London launch of the British Business Portal, arranged jointly with UKTI. Items include pens, notepads, mints and USB sticks
Sembcorp Bournemouth Water (2012 – 2013) – B2C and B2B copywriting
This wonderful utility company provides tap water in the South of England. I was initially hired to produce website content and a B2B newsletter, and became involved in ads, a mailshot (available on request), and consumer literature, as well as a B2C newsletter and the complete suite of customer service letters.