Here are examples of some of my work and the clients I’ve been working with:
Strange digital marketing – copywriting
I have worked with Strange for 11 years. I am currently providing regular blogs for one of the agency’s clients and have also helped with various websites (including ecommerce product descriptions), CRM, articles and an app.
COBCOE – the Council of British Chambers of Commerce in Europe (COBCOE) – Head of Communications
COBCOE is the membership organisation for British chambers of commerce and business associations in and around Europe. Working as a freelancer, I became Head of Communications in 2015 after helping the organisation produce its magazine Links. I then helped plan and execute a number of exciting projects, and trained and guided staff to carry out communications functions.
Key COBCOE comms included the marketing collateral, banners and programmes for events and exhibitions, website, ww.cobcoe.eu, GDPR compliance, various email templates, for events, publications, and newsletters (external and internal), as well as social media – Twitter, Linkedin and Facebook, plus press releases, news items and Powerpoint presentations.
Tranquil Parks and Back of Beyond Touring Park
In 2018 I was pleased to be asked by Tranquil Parks to provide regular monthly communications consisting of a blog and newsletter. This followed helping with the marketing of Back of Beyond Touring Park, a large adult-only park in Dorset.
Tranquil Parks is the membership organisation representing around 40touring parks for over 18s across England and Wales. This work has included:
- Researching and producing a monthly blog and newsletter for Tranquil Parks
- Keeping the Back of Beyond website updated
- GDPR compliance for Tranquil Parks and Back of Beyond
- Coordination of the 2019 Tranquil Parks brochure (involving 40 parks)
- Social media posts and Facebook campaigns for Back of Beyond Touring Park
- Google Analytics reporting for Tranquil Parks and Back of Beyond
- Presentations for Tranquil Parks
Work with chambers of commerce
British Chamber of Commerce | Belgium & EU
In October 2018, I produced leaflets and a banner for the chamber to promote its new trade service Get Connected! at a major exhibition and conference in London.
Russo-British Chamber of Commerce consultancy
In early 2018, I completed a major report to identify how the chamber could spend its marketing budget more effectively.
British Romanian Chamber of Commerce (BRCC) – editing, copywriting and marketing
In early 2014, I initiated a new marketing approach for the chamber. This followed an agreement with UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) for the BRCC to take on UKTI’s role in supporting British businesses in Romania. I began working with the BRCC back in 2010, initially producing their quarterly newsletter, then print ads and information pack
After producing a marketing review with ideas on future BRCC marketing, I completed the following projects:
- Develop a new logo and brand identity for the BRCC (designed by Strange) – manage the process and provide guidelines for use
- Produce BRCC handouts for UK seminar presentations using desktop publishing, along with branded pads and pens
- Create a BRCC brochure for UK businesses, making a case for doing business in Romania and using BRCC services
- Update the website to reflect the BRCC’s new status and priorities with minimal expense
- Write a report on the use of the BRCC website using Google Analytics
- Organise banners, promotional gifts and an online press release for the London launch of the British Business Portal, arranged jointly with UKTI. Items include pens, notepads, mints and USB sticks
Copywriting for Numitas
From 2016 to 2017, I provided copywriting services to promote the Numitas CFO Club. Numitas is a Cambridge-based accountancy firm specialising in part-time and interim CFOs for startups and early stage businesses). This involved interviewing speakers, all of whom are leaders in their fields, and senior accountants, as well as creating invitations.
Sembcorp Bournemouth Water (2012 – 2013) – B2C and B2B copywriting
This utility company providing tap water in the South of England has recently become part of South West Water. I was initially hired to produce website content and a B2B newsletter, and became involved in ads, a mailshot (available on request), and consumer literature, as well as a B2C newsletter and the complete suite of customer service letters.