I’ve been working in marketing communications for many years. As an experienced freelancer, I’m well placed to help smaller, family-run businesses using:
- Social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Blog articles
- Website content
- Printed materials
- Analytical tools
Freelance copywriting, communications and marketing services from 2008 to present
Currently specialising in touring parks and campsites – view clients. Previously working with:
- Council of British Chambers of Commerce in Europe (COBCOE) as Head of Communications
- Strange Digital Agency
- British Romanian Chamber of Commerce
- Russo-British Chamber of Commerce
- British Chamber of Commerce in Belgium
- Plus numerous small businesses and non-profits
- English Editorial Manager for a leading Hong Kong investment group (employed) 3 years
- Freelance Financial Journalist, Hong Kong (3 years)
- Staff Writer and Deputy Editor, Money Management – FT Magazines (5 years)
- Marketing copywriter for life assurance group (4 years)
- Marketing Assistant, public transport (2 years)
- Knowledge of how to make many types of online and offline marketing and communications work
- Fast and flexible –able to meet tight deadlines and understand complexities quickly
- Listening and researching to establish and meet the right objectives
- Versatile in writing for a wide range of audiences and media, dealing with all kinds of people, able to produce visuals as well as words
- Cost efficient
- Business Studies in Tourism and the Institute of Marketing Diploma at Bournemouth University
- Various courses in copywriting, social media, online communications, etc.
- Education is continuous, however. I learn something new almost every day!
I started out as a Publicity Assistant at Hants & Dorset, which provided public transport and coach services in the South of England. I then moved to Surrey to become a marketing copywriter for National Employers Life (NEL), a company specialising in permanent health insurance, pensions and life assurance. (NEL later became part of UNUM and Century Life.)
A good knowledge of personal finance enabled me to make the leap into journalism as a staff writer on Money Management, part of the Financial Times group.
To experience living abroad, I moved to Hong Kong in 1992, freelancing for several publications in the UK, such as The International, Asia Risk, Managed Derivatives and Offshore Financial Review. In Hong Kong, I was a regular contributor to the Sunday Morning Post and Hong Kong Business magazine, also working on various company brochures.
With the approach of the 1997 handover of Hong Kong to China, I joined Jardine Fleming Investment Management (now part of JP Morgan), becoming their English Editorial Manager.
Four years later, I moved to New York City and became a full-time mum, while still freelancing for Jardine Fleming in Hong Kong. Since relocating to the UK, I’ve built a freelance marketing communications business.
As a freelancer, I’ve worked on a huge range of projects, from fashion to business support organisations. I now feel privileged to be working in the tourism industry in the much loved holiday parks sector.
- British Insurance Brokers Association (BIBA) Journalist of the Year
- BIBA Journalist of the Year Runner Up
- Plain English Campaign Crystal Clear Award for Aetna Guide to Long-Term Care Insurance